Thursday, November 5, 2009

Birds of Passage





Good morning! Just a quick blog post today. I made this card for a friend's birthday. He's a guy, so I really tried to limit the amount of glitz and bling I added. You'll notice, I didn't even try to sneak in a flower anywhere...LOL!! However, a little bit of glitter glue did make it's way to the edge of the main image panel. I have no idea how that happened ;D

These images are by Character Construction, a company with lots of fun, quirky stamps. My mom gave me the set that included the twig chair a while back and while I absolutely love it, this is the first time I managed to get it inky. I love breaking a brand new stamp in :) You'll notice that I triple embossed the bird and the chair.

I didn't include pics of the inside of the card, because I am still on the hunt for the perfect sentiment. The front of the card reads "we are but birds of passage and must build our nests of what materials we can find". How profound! This also came out of one of the Character Construction sets. Just an absolute excellent assortment!

I might even post another new card tomorrow. That will be 5 blog posts in one week!! Looks like a celebration might be in order! And how will I celebrate, you ask? By treating myself to a few new stamps, of course!! ;D

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, this caught my eye! You may have found the perfect stamp company for your style of cardmaking. I love the richness of the colors and all that dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilooove this twig chair stamp! Now I will have to dig mine out and see what will end up on paper! Great card Cheryl! I'm sure the lucky person receiving this goodie will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Donna....love this card and the sentiment...so so stunning and your layering is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cheryl,
    I'm falling more and more in love with your style.
    I realy think your one of a kind.
    I love this one just as much as all your outher cards.
    Keep on doing It.
    Riet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D