Monday, January 25, 2010

Crunch, crunch, crunch...

Sounds like I should be eating something crispy and tasty, doesn't it? Nope, just the sound of the guys replacing our roof. We've been listening to various crunching and scraping sounds for the past day and a half, and It's driving me NUTS!!!

Here's a couple of fun moments that we have had so far...

Fun moment number 1: We were instructed to take everything off the walls, so that the jarring of the workers on the roof wouldn't dislodge anything and send it falling to the ground. I really appreciated Jose (the main dude) letting us know about this, because I love my stuff and would be heartbroken if anything was damaged during this process. Plus, I put all of my card making supplies away, too, just to make certain they were kept clean and out of harms way :D Until our disrobing of the walls, I didn't realize just how much stuff we have hanging up. It's practically a poor man's art museum! This little task took quite a bit of time and, of course, it was my braniac idea to start this little bit of fun at 1:00am in the morning. I think I have a little vampire blood in me ;D Here's the best part...when I took my art treasures down, I found various dust bunnies and filth hiding behind and on top of things. YUCK! I pride myself on a clean house, so this was a real downer :( Looks like I had a dirty little secret that was so confidential, even I didn't know about it...LOL!! Oh, and here's a little something I learned...Swiffer Dusters...their performance doesn't quite hold up when you look too closely...!

Fun moment number 2: We have very few windows in our townhouse, but we have 9 skylights that are just glorious for letting natural light in. Honestly, I just love them! The only rooms in the house without skylights are the 2 bedrooms. The roofer dudes had to replace the skylights and warned us about dirt and debris falling in when they got ready to pull those out, so we moved things around and covered the coffee table to avoid the dirt getting everything dusty. It felt good to be ahead of the game for once. To reward ourselves, hubby and I snuck out yesterday to have breakfast and escape the "crunch, crunch, crunch" on the roof for awhile. When we returned there was some debris under the areas where the skylights sit, so we immediately commenced to vacuuming and mopping and dusting and cleaning and so on and so on...only to realize that the skylights had not actually been replaced yet. We sort of jumped the gun on the clean up phase. What's worse we didn't learn our lesson the first time, but ended up repeating our little clean up ritual after the workers left, only for Jose to tell us that they had sat the old skylights back in to keep the cold air out and he would return the next morning with the new skylights. UGH! That means more dirt coming into the house!! Oooohhh, I want so badly to clean this mess up, but I am not taking anymore chances until they're finished.

Hmmm...the "crunch, crunch, crunch" has stopped. Are they finished, or is it just time for lunch?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you poor thing, yes I know.
    Its hell when you have to rebuild a part on your home.
    But keep the good spirit up, it will soon be over. And then you have a nice warm and dry house.
    Riet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D