Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bombshell Mermaid Class at China Phoenix 2 Next Saturday







How are things at your end of the keyboard?  Here in New Mexico, we're feeling the heat.  Not only because the temps have been high, but also because the whole state is pretty much on fire.  Combined with the fact that we haven't had any rain in what seems like an eternity, I would not be surprised if we just spontaneously combusted one day and disappeared from the map.  Until then, I've fixated on mermaids.  It must be their connection to water that intrigues me at the moment.  

I was never a big mermaid fan until I discovered the quirky dark creatures that Stampotique came out with recently.  Now I just can't get enough of the fishy femme fatales.  My latest mermaid infatuation is for the sultry sirens available at Bombshell Stamps.  They are gorgeous and take to the Copics, like...well...fish to water...lol!  Clearly inspired by tattoo art, they beckon for rich, deep color.  I had a good time making these cards :)

I'm teaching these 2 cards in my next card class at China Phoenix 2 on Saturday, July 9th at 1:00pm.  The class will primarily focus on coloring, as the construction of these cards is really quite basic.  If you are in Albuquerque or the surrounding areas and think you might want to attend, stop by the CP2 Blog and I'll have more details up next week.

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend!  And if you're in NM just say "no" to fireworks!  Take care and stay crafty!       

11 comments:

  1. wow cheryl what bright colors and colorful.
    your card is beautiful and your coloring is stunning as always.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! They are both fantastc !!! Very nice colouring! The images are so great!! Nice cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Cheryl... love this!

    I would love you to either be a guest designer or part of my design team. If you are interested would you contact me, Lily ~

    theoctopodefactory@hotmail.com

    thanks, really hoping to hear from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could be there! These are super fun!!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, just so vibrant and alluring, very pretty.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are amazing Cheryl - your coloring is beautiful and I love the layouts. Stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl wow that is stunning, those colours are gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, I sure wish I were in NM because I'd just LOVE to take a coloring class from you! Such fabulous depth! I'm sort of a chicken when it comes to coloring. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.....your work is just awesome.
    Love this card as it reminds me so much of my late dad's work as a tattoo artist. He drew and coloured all his own designs and this is just so like his style.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore your Mermaids all of them the latest one is just gorgeous love that deep red. You may convert me to copics yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both fabulous. I don't know how I missed 'em. I especially love how you colored Bombshell Anchor's hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D