Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Birds of the Air





Good Morning! Today I am featuring another box card that promotes visions of warm Springtime weather, because it seems like it is going to be a another chilly day here in Albuquerque. However, it is New Mexico and that means that we could have another string of warm days waiting for us just around the corner. While this weather diversity makes for exciting meteorological predictions, it also makes it virtually impossible to break out the cozy winter wardrobe, because we will still be juggling between wearing turtle necks one day and capris pants the next, for quite some time ;D

Today's card features a cloud stamp made by Alextamping, a leafy branch made by Memory Box, a flourish made by Penny Black, and the wonderful bird silhouette by Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous. All of these images are truly some of my favorites :) I started by stamping the clouds on a white die cut panel. I swiped the panel with an embossing buddy, then I stamped the bird and embossed him with clear embossing powder. No Turquoise Iridescent Super Sparkle today, but, oh...how I wanted to. Next, I colored the open areas of the bird with Copics. Then I covered the entire bird and branch image with Versamarker pen and embossed with clear embossing powder twice to achieve a nice smooth, lacquer-like finish. Then I added the leafy branch and the flourish. I edged the panel with glitter glue to give it a bit of sparkle. I combined the stamped panel with some gorgeous K & Company scrapbook papers and added a few embellishments to finish it off.

Inside the card contains a pocket and the opposite side is where the sentiment resides. It reads, " The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches. - psalm 104:12". How lovely is that :)

Thanks for visiting with me today ;D

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, Cheryl...your cards are just A-MAZING!! So many wonderful details and the design and execution are flawless! Wish I could take a class from you....that would be priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl...love the header for your blog! It's so you! Your card is so you too...love it!
    Marilyn V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cheryl, You are truly an artist and if you entered contest you would win always. I must admit sometimes I'm glad you don't cause you are in a class by yourself! Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog. It would be so fun to work together!!! Hugs,kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D