Thursday, September 15, 2011

A New Challenge at Copic Creations




Hello!  Welcome back!  Today we have a new challenge at Copic Creations and I know you'll want to play along.  This time we're working with techniques for coloring fur, but there's one tiny catch...we've chosen to use non-traditional colors.  Remember the popular Care Bears from the 80's?  Of course, if you want to stick with the browns and grays, then feel free to do so, but we thought this was much more fun ;D

There are 2 exciting sponsors this week...Stamp Fairy and My Creative Classroom.  Visit the Copic Creations Challenge blog to see the details.  While you're there, take a look at what the design team came up with for this challenge.  I think you'll agree, we had a good time, LOL!  

For my card, I used an image by the Stamp Fairy called Barry Spooky Bats.  I think he is so adorable and goes right along with my crazy need to make Halloween cards right now.  To create Barry's fur I used BV04, BV02, BV01, BV00, and V000 to color the image and then went back in with layers of the same colors creating little dots to add texture.  I really like the way the image turned out.  He looks like a stuffed teddy bear with fur a bit on the fuzzy side.  Among the DT members, everybody's fur techniques turned out completely different, which is very cool.

This is such an easy and fun challenge, won't you join us?  Come back tomorrow, I've got something different up my sleeve and an announcement.  Until then, stay crafty!     

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how his fur came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable Halloween card Cheryl! It's such a cute image and I love that rolled felt flower too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute card and image sheryl.
    beautiful made.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little bear, colored so beautifully! Great Halloween card!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there chick. Super adorable card. Hope all is well.

    Hugs
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. woww magnificent piece of work !!
    hmmmm if ony i could do well with those copics !! (i'm too hopeless i'm afraid :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D