Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Did you miss me?




Hey, all!  I've been out of commission for what seems like forever, but I'm back now.  We had a devastating event shake up our arts and crafts community here in Albuquerque last week (you can read it about it here) and that kept me away from my blog for a few days.  Not only because I wanted to help out, but also because it put me into a funk of sorts and I just didn't feel like making anything.  BUT...now I'm back and I'm itching to make some cards!

Originally I didn't think I was going to have a card made in time for this week's Tiddly Inks challenge, but low and behold, I managed to crank something out.  Of course, I didn't finish it in time to make into the TI post, but I get to join the fun from the sidelines, never-the-less.  

The entire month of November, the theme at the Tiddly Inks challenge blog is, your favorite and mine, Anything Goes.  This time I opted for a bit of romance with this sweet image called, You and Me.  This is the second time I've used this image and I just love it.  It reminds me of Buttercup and Westley from The Princess Bride.  Do movies get any better than that one?  I think not!

Do you see that fancy black die cut framing my plain white circle die cut?  I received that from Pink Scrappers Boutique the other day.  It's my friend, Carlene's, shop.  You should really check it out.  She has such amazing items at really good prices!  AND...the shipping was lightening fast!     

Anyway, while you're out and about tooling around on the Internet, stop by the TI challenge blog and see what my talented teammies are up to this week.  Your sure to be inspired to create something fabulous!

Later, crafty people of Blogland!   

Copics used: 
woman
skin - E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair - E13, Y21, Y00, Y000
dress - BG09, BG05, BG02, BG01
man
skin - E11, E00, E000
hair - E37, E35, E31, E50
jacket - E43, E42, E41, E40
pants - C5, C3, C1
shoes - E37, E35, E31   

15 comments:

  1. morning cheryl!!
    oh my gosh hun that card is just stunning, i love the layered paper bits behind the image too and the bling is so pretty.
    What a shame about the shop :( but i am so glad binx was ok.
    huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,

    I am sad to reAd the story about your kraft shop.
    Your card is a beauty! Love your colouring on the image and that black circle is really amazing!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sheryl , great image and beautiful colored.
    fabulous card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, this is so fantastic! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the papers you've used!

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello hello! welcome back! This card is just as awesome as can be! I love the way you mixed your flowers with a button looks really cool! And I love how her dress looks like it has folds ( I need to watch your tutorial again) looks amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card , and adore this sweet image too! Love that beautiful die-cut!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another absolute stunner! I adore this Tiddly Inks image, and you certainly worked your magic with it again! I love all of the elements of your card, as usual! So sorry about China Phoenix, and what it did to your mood. I would have been miserable. Hope things are starting to look up for you. Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another absolute stunner! I adore this Tiddly Inks image, and you certainly worked your magic with it again! I love all of the elements of your card, as usual! So sorry about China Phoenix, and what it did to your mood. I would have been miserable. Hope things are starting to look up for you. Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww. Such a sweet card with your fantastic coloring, design, and details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, hey there...I was just coming by to cheer you up and say I hope everything is okay there...and what do I see but a gorgeous and I mean gorgeous card. I am so sorry for your friend and the shop....how sad.

    I hope things get sorted out!! :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I always love your cards. Such beautiful coloring and details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous black frame Cheryl. I'll have to check out your friends site for sure.

    Gorgeous job. The colouring is phenom per usual. Just adore the layout, and how cool is that ruler DP...to cute. Very gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is fantastic! Your coloring is always so beautiful and I am just in awe of your layout and embellishment skills.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card - that image is so sweet! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I've been strolling through your blog and just had to leave a note on this one to say how amazing your colouring is, this image is totally fantastic.

    Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D