Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sample #1 for my December 4th card class at CP2...






Hello, all! Thanks for coming back. I always appreciate it when you stop by ;D I am teaching another card class at CP2 on December 4th, so I have been working on more samples. Last year I taught a Twisted Christmas card class using some of my favorite images from Stampotique. These cards were my transition cards between the Halloween and Christmas holidays. They were fun and humorous with a bit of holiday cheer sprinkled in for good measure. You can see them here and here.

This year, after making a few traditional holiday cards, I was again, in the mood to break out some of the newer images by Stampotique and create something a bit edgy. These are not so much humorous as they are dark and elegant. I know, I'm a bit weird, but I follow lots of your blogs, so I know there are quite a few of you out there that "get me", so you know what I'm talking about.

I created card number one using Angelboy. There was not a lot to color on this image, so I spent most of my time on his wings, which I did using my Copics in several shades of Cool Gray. It maybe hard to see this in the photos. I also tried my hand at one of those grunge paper roses that Tim Holtz featured during his 12 Tags of Christmas last year. Certainly it did not turn out like his, but I am very happy with it, just the same. I created the background using Tim's ('cuz we're first name buddies) Baroque Alterations Die. I stamped and embossed his snowflakes on the panel using clear embossing powder. I proceeded to lay down a symphony of Distress Inks on a craft sheet (Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Pumice, and Black Soot) and mist them with water. I laid my panel down to pick up all that inky goodness and I knew I was having a good time when I looked down and noticed that my hands were covered with this goth rainbow of colors. I was a happy girl ;D I used my heat gun to dry the panels and then went back to my craft sheet to pick up the remaining ink. Nary a drop was wasted! Nary...? How do you spell that? My autocorrect didn't try to fix it, so I guess I'm okay. Unless it's confused and just gave me a spelling "pass" this go round...who knows. I finished by adding lots of glitter glue in Diamond to the die cut panel, Angelboy's wings, and to my grunge rose. On the inside I am going to add a sentiment by Stampers Anonymous that reads, "I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." It's one of my favorites.

I want to use the, oh so, elegant Angel for card number two, but I'm not sure if I even own her. I'm pretty sure I do, but you never know. If I don't, I can guarantee that I will be having a full blown, throw myself onto the floor, flailing arms and legs, temper tantrum tomorrow morning. Let's hope it doesn't come to that ;D

See you in the manana!

I have this card in a couple of challenges:


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Angelboy is totally on my list, and now I want him even more. Beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous creation Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love how different it is for the girly girl challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl - What a card! He's a little dark and dangerous and a lot stunning. Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet "Anything Goes" Challenge. Please include a direct link in your post to the challenge. Thanks, and good luck!

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking he is the angel"Lucifer", that was cast out of heaven! He looks a little sad!
    Beautiful card!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I totally get it! Your Tim Holtz rose turned out beautifully, I made my mom make some earlier this year but I still have not tried. Thanks for all the awesome inspiration Cheryl, you're the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really gorgeous card Cheryl, and your rose is amazing ! I love this black glimmer mist (or perhaps glitter ???), your card looks fabulous.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, it is really striking. The glitter on Angel Boy's wings is fab! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glitter, very nice! Thanks for playing in our Beary Sweet Challenge!

    Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful interpretation of the theme! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 19.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card and I love that flower, Thanks so much for joining in our Anything Go's Challenge and I hope to see you back Dec 1 for a new challenge.
    ~Patricia
    The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Love what you've done with Angelboy.

    Your work is fabulous! Lots of gorgeous eye candy to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely love your jobs, and this cannot be my favourite one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D