Monday, December 6, 2010

Tim Holtz Tag and a Kenny K Challenge!



Hey all! I want to give a big shout out to all of the fab folks that joined me Saturday for my Goth Christmas card class. It was a blast! Thank you for spending your afternoon with me, as I know there were probably a million things on your "To Do" list that day, especially this time of year. I truly appreciate it!

Now, for my tag. My mom has been playing along with the Tim Holtz 12-Tags of Christmas this year. In fact, she played along last year, as well, and my sister and I got to reap the fruits of her labor. This year, she has convinced me to play along, too. I am a little late to the party...I just finished Tag #1, but I had a good time putting it together.

I cut out all of my grunge board pieces including the Rickety House, however, when I was trying to assemble my tag, I couldn't balance all of the elements to my satisfaction. Tim (yep, first name basis, except that he doesn't know mine) used a wire type tree that he fashioned out of some Prima rustic branches. It didn't take up much space on his card. I decided to go with the Alterations Branch Tree and it is slightly more bulky. When I laid everything out on my tag, it was way busy. I really liked how my tree turned out though, because I layered on lots of glitter to resemble snow. AND it was REAL glitter, not the glitter glue crack that I am addicted to. BUT, you know what that means... there was glitter everywhere! The cats are going to be pooping glitter for a week...! Oh well, at least it will be sparkly when I clean the boxes. So, because I was so fond of the tree, I had to forgo the house. It may show up on a tag down the line, who knows. I also opted to add a smaller tag with a sentiment on it, whereas he has a ticket on his. It is certainly very different from Tim's tag, but you can see where his original tag sparked the idea for my tag. All in all, I am happy with the way it turned out and can't wait to start Tag #2.

Before I go, I have two things to share. First, there is a new challenge happening over at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge blog. This week, Team B is asking you to create a monochromatic card. I've never created a monchromatic card, but the results are stunning. My Team B teammates have really created some amazing pieces using this technique, so please pay them a visit on the blog. Remember, there are lots of new images in the store including those sizzling Krash Kittenz (MROWR!). Also, there's a new freebie for December, so stop by and pick her up.

One last request. We're having a Design Team contest over at the Bombshell Stamps Forum. Each of the DT members has created a project and we want you head over there and take a look at all the fab eye-candy. Now I'm going to give you my best Politician Running for Office spiel...please cast your vote for me and I promise to lower taxes and bring more jobs to your state. Ok, so I can't do those things, but I can be really grateful and thank you profusely ;D

Tomorrow I am sharing a Christmas card, so be sure to come back. Until then, stay crafty!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh Cheryl, I love, love, love, this gorgeous tag!! It is so beautiful and frosty looking, with all that glittery goodness you added. Can't wait to see what you do with the next one!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag it is beautiful. Well worth losing sleep over...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D