Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bombshell Blog Hop: Put Me in the Movies!




Hola!  I'm finally back with a card.  It seems like it's been sooooooooo long!  The Bombshells are hopping today and Blog Hop Enchantress Extraordinaire, Alison, set the theme as Put Me in the Movies.  When I first spied this theme, 100 ideas ran through my head, yet when I sat down to make my card (which was earlier today...lol!) I couldn't recall nary a one.  I like to fancy myself as something of a film buff.  I can name directors, actors, some screenwriters, and I'm pretty good at that Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon Game...hahaha!  So, for me to sit down and draw a blank...well, I was pretty embarrassed.

When I finally dug my heels in and gave it some thought, there were a couple of ways to go with this.  I considered downloading the digi clothing set containing the race car clothing and coloring it up in the same tones that Uma Thurman wore in Kill Bill 1 & 2.  I also revisited (mentally) an homage to The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock.  There were a few more, but alas, I ended up taking the easy route.  I opted for a Western and used one of the Retro Cowgirls as my image.  It doesn't really have much to do with my movie at all, except it's part of the Western genre.  I know, sooooo lazy!

I was never a fan of Western flicks until I started dating my husband almost 20 years ago.  He turned me onto the early works of Clint Eastwood and Sergio Leone.  Leone's films are dark, mysterious, and packed with more symbolism the most.  I always scoffed at the concept of the spaghetti Western not realizing how damn good they are.  Plus, Leone's films are usually accompanied by a creepy musical score composed by Ennio Morricone.  The music becomes a character in the film and envokes feelings of loneliness, regret, and revenge.  My all time favorite Western is Once Upon a Time in the West starring Charles Bronson, Jason Robards, and Henry Fonda.  Clint must have been sick during casting, so this time Bronson gets to play the outsider with a chip on his shoulder (for good reason).  Plus there's that crazy music again...super clinky and spooky this time.  I love it.  And there's a girl...there's always a girl.  I guess that's where my card comes in.


Want to join this challenge or any of the others going on this month?  Visit the blog and find out how.  If you are randomly selected as the winner, you'll be able to select your choice of a Bombshell Stamps Set.  That's a heck of a prize!  Now, this is a blog hop, after all, so get on over to the next blog on the list and check out what fabulous celluloid inspired creations await you!

Bombshell Blog
Alison
Laura
Alaine
Meredith
Kelli
Mary G
Alex
Sparkly Engineer
Celina Anthony
Glittery Katie
Kapree
Cheryl<---Hola!
Dianne

17 comments:

  1. Well isn't she simply a sassy beauty or what?????!?!?!? Love her and every aspect of your card Cheryl!! How on earth did you create those amazing wings??!?!? I must know!!? =) Gorgeous honey...truly stunning!!

    XO!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card and I really enjoyed the movie information you shared. Now you have me wanting to watch one!!! :)
    And those WINGS! Gorgeous, how on earth did you do them? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous card! My husband would approve, he's a huge fan of all those movies.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So ridiculously awesome. I love the crackle effect on the wings, just fantastic. I'm guessing Tim Holtz, love this effect so much. Your staining is impeccable too. The layout works so well, awesome job, I am gobsmacked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful card cheryl and as always great coloring.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great crackle on her wings!!! Is that Distress Crackle!Beautiful card, Cheryl!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Cheryl! What a fabulous card! And I adore my latest title! ;) I love the story behind your card. And those wings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks lovely. Those wings are an excellent touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK Great Movie and love the card even if the only thing in common is the west. The angels wings are outstanding. The crackle is eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl... I love your card and your coloring is wonderful! Wow!!! You have done an amazing job! My wishlist certainly is growing! Wow! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK Cheryl - Can you EVER make a bad card? Seriously... everything is beautiful, even the ones you do on the spur of the moment. Sheesh. I am so jealous.

    Great awesome card as usual. And the colors - the blue - AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card Cheryl! Did you hand write the sentiment? I don't know if I can bring myself to try and watch a western, but you've given me something to consider... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You colored her so beautifully. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D