Friday, July 5, 2013

Card 2 for my class at CP2


Copic colors used:  fruit (R59, R29, R22, R000), leaves (G28, G24, G21)

Hey, all!  I just want to pop in to share the second card I'll be teaching next Friday at China Phoenix 2.  Still playing with those wonderful fruit themed stamps by Stampendous, this image is Cling Pomegranate.  

This time I relied more on creating a colorful background instead of coloring the entire image with Copics.  I love this technique and I try to use it frequently...I laid out a craft sheet and swiped Distress Stains in Peeled Paint and Fired Brick directly on the sheet.  Next I added Peacock Feathers, but I only had this in a reinker, so I took the dropper and randomly swirled it around the sheet and generously misted everything with water.  Now, when I use this method, I pretty much just use what I have on hand.  Sometimes I will swipe Distress Ink Pads directly across the sheet.  In this case, I wanted more intense color, so I opted for the Stains and Reinker.  Because the color from these sources is so much more concentrated, I really had to apply quite a bit of the water to dilute it enough so that it wasn't too vivid and would still allow my stamped image to be the focal point.  Otherwise my stamped image would have disappeared into the background.  Once I've misted everything with water, I laid my white panel face down on top of all that lovely color.  When I lifted it up, it was covered in this wonderful palette.  If I wanted more color in areas, I just laid it down again.  I also let it dry naturally for a bit and went back in to pick up more of those fabulous drips.  It's really fun to do this, because you never know what you're going to end up with.  I just love it!

Once my panel had dried thoroughly, I stamped the Cling Pomegranate on top using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.  I also stamped the image on a scrap panel and colored up the fruit and leaves, and trimmed them out.  The rest of the card was easy to assemble and a small square of burlap seemed like an appropriate detail to finish with.  Of course, I added a black button because I'm completely obsessed with them right now.  I buy them by the jar full at a local antique store.  Last time I dropped in, I also picked up a huge jar of keys, so you'll probably start seeing keys on all my cards, too.  It's a good thing I didn't pick up anything larger, like a box of cheese graters.  That would make for a very interesting card...LOL!

Pop in tomorrow for the new challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  Until then, stay crafty!        

3 comments:

  1. Totally in love with your background. Girl, you could make a cheese grater look great. (couldn't help myself) Dare you to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, Your card is so very beautiful! I truly love it! I love the BG behind your main image, and then the just stamped image w/ the back ground! Great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man it just keeps getting BETTER, I'm in loooove with the background, the inking, the flicking wow I just loooove it too :O), The way you stamped it then stamped again, colored it, fussy cut it, well thats just darn fabulous all the gorgeous edging on the layers, I could go on..I'm drooling all over my desk now my wings are flapping.. Oh you would have to make a pretty big card with those cheese graters LOL, but I bet you could make it fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing all the wonderful cards I have to calm down and get to my desk, I'm full up with inspiration now. Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D