Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sugar Skull




Hello everyone! Here is card number two of the March class I will be teaching at China Phoenix. This card uses another beautiful set of stamp images by Bombshell Stamps called Altar Skulls. I love the sugar skull with the candles behind him and felt this cried out for some attention from my Spica Glitter Pens. I added lots of subtle glitter accents after I colored the image with Copic markers. It is hard to catch a glimpse of the glitter in these photos, but it's there...trust me! I kept embellishments to a minimum on this card as the image really is the focal point. The oval panel the image is sitting on has been distressed with lots of Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, plus a crackle stamp cube by Stamper's Anonymous. This cube is fabulous and offers a crackle stamp image in 4 degrees of crackle. I keep this stamp handy and use it one way or another on lots of projects. It just adds a little some'in, some'in...if you know what I mean.

I need one more sample for the March class, so cross your fingers for me and check back to see if I have come up with one :) BTW, I hope your Valentine's Day has been filled with lots of your favorite things, whether that's chocolate, roses, champagne or all the above ;D

6 comments:

  1. This is so wonderfully eerie, scary gorgeous!! I can't stop looking at it....truly mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job Cheryl! I can't wait to hear if you make the Bombshell team...although I'm sure you are a shoe in! I have been loving everything you've been making even though I've been silent...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waouh, another dramatic and so marvellous card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhh I want to come take your class..sniff...sniff...you will blow them away Cheryl. They will be in awe so be prepared. Love the card ...only you can make skulls look elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cheryl, this is one of my absolute favorites!!! You've done a beautiful job on those sugar skull stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D