Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby Got Back Challenge: Take 2




Good morning, everyone! I had planned to post this card yesterday, but Life got in the way. Dang it! I hate it when Life interrupts my creative freedom...how rude...lol!! Never-the-less, I'm posting it today ;D

This is Take 2 for the Baby Got Back Challenge that I issued over at the Bombshell Stamps Forum. I'm April's guest designer and this means that I was allowed to create a challenge for the month. My challenge was to chuck the patterned papers and create backgrounds using the complimentary images included in the awesome Bombshell stamp sets. This sounds easy to you...? Well, not to me! I love my patterned papers and this was like asking me to give away the 19 year old cat that has inhabited my heart and home for almost as many years! Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme, but for the sake of illustration, you know what I mean. Yes, I'm aware that I could have settled for something easier for me to accomplish, but what would be the fun in that? Besides, we all like to whine now and then, me included...heehee!

For this simple card I used images included in the Bombshell Sacred Heart stamp set. I colored the heart with Copics and then triple embossed the thorny vine using my trusty Versamarker pen and clear embossing powder. I could have opted for dimensional glaze to do this, but it would have been a tad bit shiny for my needs. I sponged Distress Inks on the background panels and used red bling on the flowers and above the flames. In hindsight, I may have been a little heavy-handed with the bling. Upon closer inspection, it appears that the Bling Fairy went out on the town last night, downed a few too many Cosmopolitans, then spewed bling all over my card. Tsk, tsk, Bling Fairy. Oh well, it is, what it is ;D

Have a great day!!

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, CHeryl! Love the background you created for this beauty!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please! There is NEVER such a thing as too much bling!

    I've got an idea for this challenge, I just gotta find the time to get it done!

    (I forgot to say - this card is gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great designed card Cheryl!
    Love it!

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a blog award for you over on my blog too!. Please take a look there when you have some time for it.
    By the way, i love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is great.
    I saw the link fot it at Rosi´s blog.
    I´m your follower now.
    Thanks for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always.
    Wonderful combination of colouring and design papers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this card is amazing! Love that triple embossing on the vine it's so effective. Love all the colours on this card too

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this card is amazing !!!! i love it, everything about it is perfect xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it Cheryl! Not too much bling for my tastes, hun! You can just never have too much bling...gorgeous colouring as always...so love your card layout too!
    hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cool card! I love all the bling and am amazed at how cool the vine looks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card again Cheryl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fabulous Cheryl and I don't really think it has too much bling. Actually, I agree with Britten. There's no such thing as too much bling!

    Anyways, I adore how you did the thorned vine on the sacred heart. The embossing makes it look so dimensional. Too cool.

    Your coloring of the heart is rockin' too.

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D