Saturday, August 25, 2012

Challenge #143 at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Make a Scene!


Hey, all!  I hope everyone's weekend is off to a fabulous start!  Thursday, my friend Shay and I drove to Dallas from Albuquerque to attend the Intermediate Copic Certification class with Cindy Lawrence today.  10 hours cooped up in a car with me and she didn't even put me out on the side of the road...hahaha!  She must have the patience of Job ;D  After lots of gabbing and a few pit stops, we finally arrived in Dallas and managed to do so in one piece.  

Since arriving, we've been tearing up the city.  We even managed to hit a sweet little stamp store called The Stamp Asylum and convinced the owner to keep it open for us after-hours, so that we could do a bit of looking around.  Then we were off to the Swedish shopping mecca known as IKEA.  WOWZERS!  We only had 2 hours before they closed, so we were like a couple of Texas tornados blowing through there.  The final destination for the evening was a couple of platters of Tex-Mex food at Chuy's.    

Saturday, we'll be in class all day, but Sunday we'll be free to get into some trouble before we head back home.  We're thinking we can squeeze in some BBQ at the Hard 8.  Hope it's tasty!

Okay, enough of my shenanigans.  You're here for the latest and greatest challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.  This week's talented hostess is Melanie and her card is oh so incredible!  She has tasked us with "making a scene".  I made my DT card while sitting in a hotel room today, so I'm not that pleased with it.  In fact, it looks like the scene I've created is Lulu in outer space.  Doesn't it look like she's trick-or-treating on Mars...LOL!!!  Oh well, Lulu looks happy, so I guess the Martians give out good candy ;D  Anyway, I had limited resources and this was the best I could come up with, so don't judge me...hahaha!

Visit the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge blog and join the fun.  Load your "make a scene" card and you could win your choice of one of the 2 images that Melanie used on her fabulous card!  Also, be sure to swing by the Kraftin' Kimmie shop and check out the Frugal Friday Specials under the DEALS, DEALS, DEALS tab.  There are some great images on special.  

Okay, I better scoot!  I've got a big day ahead of me ;D  Stay krafty!



4 comments:

  1. this is lovely! love the scene and your coloring is superbb !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl this is great! What an amazing card and I just love the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Halloween card!!! I just saw this stamp yesterday, my buddy snagged all of the new KK releases!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting recertified? Why? You're already a fantasmagraphical wizard with your Copics.

    Anyway, I hope you had big fun in your class and have an easy and uneventful trip home.

    I think the card is fabulous, though I do see a bit of Mars surface there. Or it could be an Earth desert. Yeah. That's what it is. She's trick or treating in the desert. Poor thing. I hope she can stay hydrated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D