Saturday, August 24, 2013

I Used to be Funny...oh yeah, and I made a card.



Hello Bloggers!

Welcome back.  I don't have a new card this week, but I did run across a card that I made a few weeks back and forgot to post.  How fortunate!  This is a cutie patootie penned by Mo Manning for Penny Black Stamps and it is part of a clear set called "Ahoy".  I made this card as a store sample for The Hen House Paperie.  We still have a few of these sets available if you want to pop in and pick one up.  There are just not enough cute boy images out there, but this one definitely fits the bill.

Okay, that was the card portion of my post, now onto the deeper more thought-provoking part.  Actually, there is no "deeper", "thought-provoking part", just my cheesy attempt to reel you in and force you to listen to my tale of woe.  Are you ready?

During the life span of my blog, I have written over 600 posts.  WOW!  Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?  Now, I know there are other bloggers out there who can easily boast twice, triple or even quadruple times that number in posts, but they are obviously overachievers and have not received an invitation to my pity party.  Tonight as I scrolled back through some of my older ramblings, I came to a jarring realization...I have lost it.  No, not my mind, but rather my "funny".  Don't get me wrong, I was never hilariously funny like Steve Martin or David Sedaris, but I occasionally managed to jot down a few choice words in a particular order that might elicit a small chuckle if the timing was right and the moon was full.  Not anymore.  Heck, I don't even try.  

When I posted a card, I used to interject random musings and share some of the more absurd moments of my life.  Now I don't bother.  I cut and paste a prefab post onto the screen outlining the details of my project and call it a day.  If I do bother to summon up the brain power to add my own personal touch, it resembles a crafty caveman's incoherent ramblings..."me color Copic, me cut cut, me make card...bye-bye".

Here's how I know I've lost it...even my mother doesn't read my posts anymore.  Yep.  It's true.  I can tell by the comments she leaves, she already knows that I'm not adding anything original, so she basically does what every good mother is expected to do and gently pats me on the head and says "that's nice dear".   Isn't she bound by some sort of Maternal DNA Contract to slog through my posts even if she knows they're the same every time?  Watch...I'll conduct an experiment to prove she's not reading them.  I'll post a silly, nonsensical statement about her that would normally get her attention and then we'll see if she acknowledges it in the comment she leaves.  Hmmm, what should it be....?  How about...my mother used to be the Queen of France, but her royal obligations cut into her crafty time, so she gave it all up to spend more time with her buddies Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi, and Penny Black.  Heehee!  Let's see what happens ;D

What exactly does all this mean?  It means I have been a bad blogger, at times even boring myself.  Let's face it, MOST times even boring myself! It means I need to find my "funny" much like a golfer needs to find his swing or a crafty diva needs to find her mojo.  It means that right now, I suck, and I must learn to suck less.  That's a pretty lofty goal, but I'm gonna try before I fully lose the ability to form complete sentences  or correctly spell words consisting of more than 3 letters.  Wish me luk!  Darn it!  It's already happening ;)

Signing off!  Until next time, stay crafty!                 

10 comments:

  1. Cheryl, sweetie, you know I love all your beautiful cards and your witty commentary. You know how busy Scooby (new adopted doggie) has been keeping me these days. I will try and be a better Mother and leave you some more detailed comments. This is an adorable card and love the cute little boy image. Your coloring is perfection as ever!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, mom. You know I'm just giving you a hard time ;) Love you and all the sweet comments you leave me.

      Delete
  2. Well, now you know she's reading your posts, Cheryl! I am in the same boat as you. I re-read some of my own posts from last year, and I don't even remember be capable of such wit! I feel rushed to meet deadlines, leaving minimal room to wax poetic or drip sarcasm throughout my posts. Must get back to being more personal and hilarious. Good luck to you! I always love your cards and the wonderful colors and embellies. I've bought many a KK stamp due to your samples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I totally got busted talking smack about my mom, didn't I ! I guess she schooled me ;) Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've been phoning it in for several months now. Thanks for such nice comments, Glo. I'm such a fan of your cards and style. Hugz, Cheryl

      Delete
  3. Geez, you scared me! I thought you were gonna say you were gonna quit blogging! Deep breaths, deep breaths. I love your card and I guess I hear your wit on fb so I never noticed you had stopped here. Kimmie has spoiled us with her posts so you can blame her if you want, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and funny blog post, too! I am NEW to your blog sooooooo....I guess I will look forward to all the wonderful and funny posts yet to come! No worries about what is past...forward ever!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just stunning, I a glad that your forgot to post it ways back when and posted it now for our GDT call because it is just pefect. Thanks for playing with us this week at Mo's and Good Luck

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chica, I'm your #1 Fan! I always read your Blogs I just don't comment, umm ever. My bad! You are funny, witty, awesome, & freakin cra cra! You're cards are PERFECT!!!! In fact I have always told you I want to be just like you when I grow up! :-)
    I love today's card,it brought a smile to my face this morning. Ryan & Aaron had an outfit just like the one in your pic, when they were babies. Thanks for the smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh... this is gorgeous, hun! Love your coloring! And the sparkle around the image -lovely!! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Mo’s Digital Challenge last week ...hope to see you in this weeks challenge.. :) and goooood luck for our GDT call

    Hugs from Tine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D