Saturday, August 7, 2010

Welcome to a New Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge!





Yowza! What did you think of the Gothik Angelz release? Are you still reeling from those sizzling images or what?! Competely different from anything I've ever seen before, for sure! Plus, my Kenny K design teammates really rocked them out! I can't wait to see what else Kenny has up his artistic sleeve.

It's time for a new challenge over at Kenny K's and the theme for this week is "In the Summertime". I used Da Bomb for this one. She's my favorite from the Glam Gang. The colors in my card are Summery and I threw in some DP with birds on it for good measure. Not sure if "tagging" is a Summertime activity, but we can pretend she is working on some outdoor home improvement projects or perhaps creating some art ala Frida Kahlo ;D I made the background panel directly behind Da Bomb and wanted it to appear like it was freshly sprayed with spray paint. I used TH Distress Inks in Fired Brick and Vintage Photo, swiped these across a craft sheet, misted it with water, and then laid my white die cut in the ink. I dried it with a heat gun and then went back in a few more times to pick up more color and grab some of that blotchy goodness. I colored the image with Copics a while back so I have no clue what colors I used. Sorry :(

I have to make a confession. I photographed this card last night and during my post editing process, I notice that I left a few little white areas that I missed with the Copics. These high megapixel cameras pick up every flaw with such clarity. AND it doesn't help that I blew it up and amplified it for the world to see on my blog. Let's hear it for technology...followed by a sarcastic, half-hearted "yay". Truth is, I am having a minor middle aged crisis. I think I need *gasp* reading glasses! When I get close up to color, I have noticed that my eyes are not able to focus on the detail work. It's actually a struggle and I sit there blinking my eyes several times, opening them wider, and looking down at my project from different angles thinking these actions will remedy my blurry dilemma. They do not. Now I have to come to terms with my visual mortality and breakdown and get those readers, and soon, otherwise you're going to start seeing stuff on my blog that looks like it was colored by a crazed cat with a crayon taped to his paw. No offense to anyone who happens to have a feline Rembrandt at home, but My kitties are not particularly artistic ;D

Anyway, back to the good stuff...the Kenny K design team has created oodles of fabulous cards for you to peruse at the Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge blog, so head over there now for some inspiration. Also, check out all of the images available at the Kenny K Download site and pick up the free digi for August while you're there. He's a cutie!

14 comments:

  1. Oooh I love that back panel spray paint effect, it's really cool! Yes I have noticed quite a bit the way the mega pixels pick out bits on cards you haven't noticed before, it always surprises me. And I have glasses now - mind you I never wear them in public and can barely dare to look at myself in them - I'm sure I look like a weird looking John Denver (when he was alive I hasten to add!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and just amazing colouring. She literally just pops off the page! ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get tired of looking at your creations! You are so amazing. I love that you sprayed the background! Her shoes are fabulous! Another work of art, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love your card. The design is awesome and I love the glitter you used on your card. That image is one of my fave Gothik girlz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMBO @ Rembrandt kitties Cheryl!! Fabulous card with rockin coloring as always!! Lovin the spray paint background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beauty as usual, Cheryl!A lot of interesting elements in this gorgeous card! Always love your work!
    Hugs, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi sheryl

    beautiful card, love that image great background you have made and lovely paper and glitters


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an amazing colorer (is that a word?)! Such deep rich colors and fabulous highlights... another fantastic card, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my....what a wonderful creative idea for the background. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! The background is perfection ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS!!! i think your coloring is top notch, love everything about you card and as for the background paper and making it yourself, you rock!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is fabulous ! I LOVE the backround !!! It's so graphic !
    Really really beautiful card !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is AWESOME, Cheryl! Thanks for the tips on doing the background! It DOES look freshly sprayed! I'll be sharing camo coloring soon--just for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D