Tuesday, March 9, 2010
My First Blog Award!
My friend Nicole gave me a blog award and I am tickled pink! Nicole is an awesome blogger! She not only creates amazing cards and altered art pieces, but she is a heck of a writer, too. I love to visit her blog and see what she has been up to. Right now, Nicole and her family are working their way through the alphabet, by celebrating a letter every 2 weeks. They are on "E" at the moment which means they have been: making Ebelskivers, watching the movie 8 Seconds, eating Eggplant, and creating tasty baked goods showcasing Easter candy. How cool is that! Thank you for the award, Nicole! It makes me smile every time I look at it ;D
Now I get to bestow this cool award to other bloggers and the first person that comes to mind is my uber-talented blog friend in Hawaii, Donna Mikasa! I met Donna hanging out in the Hero Arts Flickr forum and even then she stood out as a super sweet person who can kick butt with paper and ink. Check out her blog, because it is filled to the brim with her inspiring creations!
Next, I would like to give this award to Kathy Racoosin. Another super talented card crafter! Her blog is overflowing with her colorful and creative creations and is sure to inspire anyone who stops by. She, too, is super sweet and it always makes me smile when I see a comment from her :D
Here's how the award works:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog (or hyperlink).
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know!
5. I am not such a stickler for rules if you are like me: do as you please with it!!!
Oh, sheesh! I almost forgot to list 10 things that make me happy. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Kirk, my husband, he is the funniest person I know and can have me in a laugh induced convulsion in a matter of seconds.
2. My mom is also pretty hysterical, herself, but she is also kind and extremely generous. She has never met a stranger and can start a conversion with pretty much anyone. There is a never a dull moment when I am hanging out with mom ;D
3. My sister. She's a pretty cool chica ;D
4. Hunter, Charlie, and Max. There is nothing like hugging a big, fat cat after a hard day. They don't care if my hair's a mess or that there is a huge pimple on my nose, they are just happy to see me :D
5. Making cards, playing with paper, inking up my stamps...exhilarating!
6. Hanging out at CP2 and teaching classes. Seriously, teaching card classes there is the high point of my month and I absolutely love it.
7. Getting together with my buddies for lunch or a libation! I adore these people!
8. Chatting with my friend Kathy. We can spend hours catching up! If she had a blog, I would have given her this award, too ;D
9. Living in warm, sunny Albuquerque.
10. Watching a movie that makes my emotions sing. Example, when I watch the movie Elf, there is a part that makes me so over-the-top happy that I...cry...every time! I'm a dork, but I don't care ;D