Monday, March 15, 2010

Simple But Elegant




Good Morning! I know I have been away from the blog-o-sphere for a few days, but now I am back with several cards to share with you this week. The theme this week is Simple But Elegant all occasion cards.

As some of you know, during Christmas I placed some cards in a high-end local boutique by the name of Objects of Desire. This was on a consignment basis, so I would only receive payment if the cards actually sold. Well, they did very well and according to the itemized list included with my payment, more cards sold after Christmas than before even though the price on the cards had not been reduced for after Christmas clearance. Hmmm...very interesting. Perhaps a few late presents were shipped out, or maybe folks were just stocking up for next year. Hehe..no sense in trying to analyze the shopping habits of Albuquerque consumers ;D

Objects of Desire requested more cards for Valentine's Day and now they have asked for some all occasion cards. Why, oh why, does it seem that the all occasion cards are more difficult to create? Maybe because I have too much freedom in their development. Anyway, I settled on some images by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous. The TH images are some of my favorites and seem to be my "go-to" items when I need a quick and stylish card. Besides, Stampers Anonymous has a terrific Angel Policy, which I always make sure to check before I attempt to create anything for resale. If you are creating cards for resale, be sure to check the Angel Policies on the manufacturer's website or use the excellent resource provided at Dragonhome's Place to look up the info. This site is a one-stop compilation of not only Angel Policies, but also, stamp store sites, personal scrapping and stamping sites, and a plethora of crafting information. Truly worth a looksie.

Today's card features images from the Nature's Discovery TH set paired with beautiful glittered papers from the Laundry Line pad by My Mind's Eye. I love using glittered papers for these cards as it adds just a bit of sparkle with no extra effort from me. I sponged the edges of a die cut panel with Faded Jeans Distress Ink using the actual die as a mask to keep the border a nice crisp white. I stamped the images with the die still in place so that my stamped image would not compromise the white border. I added just a tad of color with Copics and then filled the butterflies in with dimensional lacquer. I added a bit of Stardust glitter glue to the edge and sat it aside to dry for a good long while. I finished it off with some paper flowers and gems and called it a day ;D

Check back tomorrow and I will have another Simple But Elegant card to share with you.

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, this is a truly elegant, and classy card! I just love the look of this "pretty"! Perfect!!!
    Love Ya! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card. I found it on your Flickr account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the addition of the lacquer on the butterflies!
    Thanks for the link on the angel policies too - nice to have it all in one place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D