Monday, April 26, 2010

Charlotte is back...!





Charlotte has returned proudly wielding her poor tortured baby dolls. I get a kick out of this image by Annie Rodrigue for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps every time I start to color her. She is my favorite (so far) from the Moonlight Whispers line. Today I tried to go a bit monochromatic on the background papers, only adding pops of color with Charlotte and the red gemstones. I found some black spider brads that I had purchased last year and decided to add a red gem to give one a Black Widow feel. You know what my favorite part of this image is? It's Charlotte's hair. Look at all those crazy corkscrew curls! Aren't they fun! Today I made her a brunette. I'm still learning how to color blonde and redhead colors for hair using the Copics, but I am really digging the brunette. I used E49 (dark bark), E37 (sepia), and E31 (brick beige). I like this combo so much that everyone might just be a brunette going forward...!

That's it for today. Hope your week kicks off with good things hiding around every corner!

14 comments:

  1. Great card! Really like that stamp and love the spider in the flower. I might borrow that last one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously cute card! I love that image (she's on my want list!) and your coloring is fabulous... the hair alone is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Awesome coloring. I can't get over what a fabulous job you did on her hair. I love the details on your card too. Everything works together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed she is, and what a super job you did! I just love that spider in the flower center, and the way you colored this bad girl! I need to get her out again, she is so much fun!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Cheryl. Beautifully coloured and I love the image!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Charlotte! Love the pops of red on your card! It's good to see your cards again...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colour combo for this card and your colouring. She is such a funny character, I love her hair too and those poor battered dolls

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing card!!!
    very nice.

    greetz doreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is brilliant, i love these images, this and the drucilla one are my fav !!!! that little spider brad is FAB love it.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my bombshell card, i really enjoyed joining in the challenge and thank you for becoming a follower xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl,Your colouring is absolutely amazing fantastic!!!
    WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my freaking gosh! That image is a hoot! She's adorable, but the cuteness is cut by a slight creepiness. Love it.

    I also love how you colored her, your color scheme, and the embellishments. The spider in the flower center is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is awesome! I think she's still my favorite too. Love the black widow brad - you're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another simply gorgeous creation, Cheryl!! Your colouring is incredible and I'd love to know how you cut around her so perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D