Friday, April 23, 2010

"Thank You" & a new card...




Good morning, blog friends. I want to say a heartfelt "thank you" to everyone that offered comments or even visited my blog the day I announced the loss of my furry companion, Hunter. It was very therapeutic for me to share Hunter's history with you and it was extremely comforting to know that many of you understood what I was going through. In Blogland, we sometimes put information out there not knowing what type of response it might receive, so it warmed my heart to know that I have so many friends willing to reach across the miles and share a "cyber" hug and a few heartwarming words of understanding and sincerity. I am truly grateful.

I have not posted a card in over a week and that was certainly not helping the situation, so yesterday I decided to sit down and create a little something. I had colored up this image a while back, so I was able to put it together rather quickly by just making a few paper and embellishment selections. This is Lillith and she is one of the mischievous images by Annie Rodrigue available at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. She makes me smile when I look at her and right now, that's just awesome :)

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Cheryl...As much as you were hurting, I think it was therapeutic for you to start coloring again and create this sweet card. I think Hunter was with you in spirit, telling you that all was well....Have a good weekend and enjoy your memories of Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just adorable! I've got a few of Kimmie's sets on my wishlist :)

    I'm so glad you were up to creating something... it does seem to make us feel better, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card....I love this little mischievous girl!
    Glad you chose the card making therapy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl, I set up a google account, so I don't have to do the anonymous thing anymore. I love this card of "Lillith"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extending my condolences again. Crafting is great therapy to help you through tough times.

    The card is wonderful. She's very cute and you colored her perfectly. I love the color combo. I also love how you layer papers and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D