Friday, April 2, 2010

Whatever...





Good Morning! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here in Albuquerque. The sky is clear, the temps are mild, and could that be a bird singing outside of my window? Why, yes it is ;D It doesn't get much better than this!

Today I am bringing you another card using the Stampotique boys. This is the second of three cards I will be teaching next Saturday, April 10th, at CP2. Before I talk about the card, I want to give a shout out to Colleenzzz who recommended "The Varsity Boys" when I asked for suggestions on a name for the class. Its a fabulous name and I was ready to go that route, when all of a sudden I had an epiphany in the shower yesterday. I don't know what it is, maybe the hot water massaging my noggin' and getting the blood flowing through my brain, but I do my best thinking in the shower. So during yesterday's session of Rinse, Lather, and Repeat, it came to me...Dudes with 'Tude! I know this doesn't even remotely blend with the Cheerleader title I selected for the class featuring the Stampotique girls, but for some reason it felt right and I am a total sucker for a title that rhymes ...heehee!

This dapper fellow is named Dweeze and he is part of the new images that Stampotique recently released. I love his coat! Joining him on this card is Here Kitty Kitty, whom I absolutely adore, because he reminds me so much of my scruffy old man kitty, Hunter. Hunter is 19 years old and is truly the king of this castle, lol! The word stamp is also by Stampotique. I have added more details to these cards than the Cheerleaders. The buttons on Dweeze's coat are black gemstones, and his scarf and boots received a bit of the dimensional glaze treatment. I also sponged some Scattered Straw Distress Ink on the white oval panel to add more color.

Tomorrow I'll post the third and final card we will be making in the Dudes with 'Tude class, so please swing by for a peek ;D

5 comments:

  1. This guy is my favorite...maybe it has to do with the kitty! What a fun class this is going to be...wish I could be there!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to know...how do you get the borders around your stamped images so even?! Whenever I decide to "fussy cut" a stamped image, it looks like I did it with a hedge clipper...uneven and ragged! You have to have a secret way to do it...or maybe just an ultra steady hand???!!!

    (BTW, I love this card!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog yesterday through Flickr. I am glad I did..I love it!!!
    Love all your creations.
    Love all the details on this awesome card and wish I could attend your class(I am from Australia!)
    Love the fun title of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card--I just love his jacket! Your coloring rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the colours you use on your cards, they go together so well, These Stampotique images are so creepy but funny too. Love the cat especially

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D