Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My New Class at China Phoenix 2





Hey, all!  What a great weekend!  You can tell Spring is just around the corner here in Albuquerque.  No, not because the weather is starting to get nicer outside, but rather because Spring literally comes in like a lion in these parts.  Yep, the 60 mph winds have arrived and they will stick around for a good month or two.  During this time, I will sport a continuously wind-blown hairdo, that would be lovely if it were casually tousled, but instead it will scare small children and animals, because it resembles the Bride of Frankenstein if she were to hang her head out the window of a car traveling at the speed of sound.  I shouldn't complain, though.  The wind is virtually the only weather issue we have and once its gone, we are left with lots of warm sunny days, perfect for spending time relaxing on the patio.  

We spent part of our weekend helping out in the Disc It booth at the National Fiery Foods and BBQ Show.  We visited with friends and made plenty of new ones in the process.  Next year, I'm happy to say, AlbuKirky Seasonings will have its own booth in the show.  WOO HOO!!!  

Another bit of good news, I have a class scheduled for Saturday, March 17th, at China Phoenix 2 teaching these Alice themed cards featuring images by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  YAY!  This is the first class I'll be teaching since the store re-opened, so I am beyond thrilled!  I'm SOOOO ready to get back to teaching.  I've missed hanging out with my crafting buddies in our home away from home :D

So, if you're in the area on the 17th and want to make 2 fun Alice themed cards, call CP2 or email me at cvaladez@comcast.net to add your name to the list.  I'd love to see you :D

Copics used:
Alice
skin - E11, E00, E000, R20
hair - E15, E13, Y21, Y00
dress - B06, B04, B02, B01, B000, B0000, R59, R29, R22
stockings - C3, C1, C00, R59, R29, R22, R21
shoes - C7, C5, C3
Cheshire Cat
stripes - BG49, BG18, BG15 or 13, BG10, YG17, YG14, YG01

5 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous Cheryl, love the bright colors... we do get a lot of wind here too, not as strong as they seem to be other there though he he you're funny in your description :D Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. two great and fun images cheryl.
    and two very beautiful cards.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these two cute cards, and that adorable Alice stamp is one of my all- time favorite's! Annie really out-did herself on that one (Alice), how clever to design her going down the rabbit hole! Love them both!!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards Cheryl! I wish I were close enough to take one of your classes....You are amazing! :) Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D