Saturday, April 14, 2012

Challenge #124 at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Inspiration Pic!




Hey, all!  Welcome to another weekend and a new challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.  It's been a very difficult week for me, but I won't let that cloud my post for KKS.  I'll get into that in more detail in a couple of days, but for now, things are a bit raw so it helped greatly that I had this card, plus a few other projects, to distract me.

This week's challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is one that typically throws me for a loop.  Our hostess with mostest this week is Kerry and she has challenged us with an inspiration pic.  These are usually super tough, but the palette on this one really sang to me.  I love the colors and all of the unexpected patterns that come together to create something lovely and serene.  I used Rose from the Flower Girls collection by Annie Rodrigue.  She seemed perfect for conveying the florals details so gorgeously displayed on the area rug.  Then I just kind of pulled cues from the palette and went from there.  I liked the idea of using a lot of pattern, so I quickly (without too much thought) sifted through my scrap bin and came up with some pretty random stuff... hopefully I made it work.  You can be the judge, but be gentle, 'cuz like I said, I've had a rough week :)  In fact, don't be the judge, just lie to me and tell me you like it.  That would be great.  

Anyway, I urge you to play along along this week.  If you do, you might randomly be selected to win the image that Kerry has used on her card.  Wouldn't that be awesome!  Find all of the latest and greatest KKS images in the Kraftin' Kimmie Shop.  Lots of great stuff to be had!!!

Okey, dokey!  See you in a couple of days.  Until then, stay krafty!  


10 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, wow what a great card! Love the image too and gorgeous colouring. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just sooo beautiful!!!!! Your coloring is perfect as always, and I love the colors of papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just sooo beautiful!!!!! Your coloring is perfect as always, and I love the colors of papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just sooo beautiful!!!!! Your coloring is perfect as always, and I love the colors of papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are having a rough time now Cheryl, will keep you in my thoughts but your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you're going through a rough patch, but I'm glad that you get some solace and peace from your krafting. {{((hugs))}}

    Your card is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring, fabulous design, and a lovely palette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow cheryl great and beautiful.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Cheryl!
    I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl, no need to lie!!! It is gorgeous!!! Hope you'll have a beter week to come....
    Diaan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on all your wonderful cards. With every one, my eye is drawn to the beautifully colored hair. Simply gorgeous. Oh, and I have to say, I LOVE your cheshire cat and superheros.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D