Friday, February 19, 2010

It's good to be the king!



Good Morning! This card is a birthday card for my husband's boss. It's challenging for me to create a masculine card and it's even harder for me to adhere to the unspoken "rules" that apply to these types of cards. Rules? You've never heard of the "rules" for making Dude Cards? Sure you have...you know...stick with blues and browns...no ribbon...no flowers...no gemstones. Yes, those are the ones!! I did happen to stick to that color palette on this card, but only because my Stampotique fellow seemed to sort of just go in that direction when I was coloring him up. I let him have complete creative control on this one and this is the direction he took. I added the crown from a Tim Holtz set and the sentiment is computer generated. Do you remember this line from the Mel Brooks movie, The History of the World Part 1? It's a side-splitter! It seemed like a perfect pairing for this image. I really hope Kirk's boss has a sense of humor ;D

4 comments:

  1. Loving this its original and so beautifully put together. great creation
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is so hard to make a mens card.
    But you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!But sure you can bend those card rules LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Kirk's boss will love this! What's not to love? Super birthday card!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D