Thursday, February 11, 2010

Senora Muerta




Hello all! I have been very negligent of my blog as of late and for that I apologize. It's been over a week since my last post and that is just unacceptable. Please forgive me ;D

This card is the first of a trio of cards I am doing for my March 20th class at China Phoenix. This beautiful muertos rubber stamp image is by Bombshell Stamps. They offer a whole line of muertos stamps and I will be featuring 2 more cards in the next few days using more images from this line. I have also been hanging out at the Bombshell Gallery and I am not exaggerating when I tell you that place is filled to the brim with inspiration. For this card, I used the color insert from the stamp package as my color guide, then I took style ideas from a couple of cards found in the gallery. First, I really love Gabby's beautiful card featuring this same image and I especially like the way Senora Muerta fits perfectly on this elegant die cut panel. I also love the torn edges of MissLedz's gorgeous card and am really drawn to the way the pale yellow roses peek out from behind the black patterned panel. So, I would like to give great big kudos to these very talented paper artists and thank them for sharing their lovely creations. This gallery is truly a plethora of fabulous artwork so pay a visit if you have a few moments to spare and want to be blown away with some cool stuff.

I also bunched a small piece of black lace together and added it to the top of the image. It reminded me of the black lace you might find on a funeral veil and it seemed to work perfectly with the stamp image. And, of course, no card is complete without 2 or 3 flowers and a few gemstones.

Well, that's it for today. Just a short post, but I'll be back soon with 2 more cards to round out March's class. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your card, the embellishments are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cheryl.
    What a wonderful card again.
    I think its marvoulus and your colors ar again so beautiful.
    I realy, realy, realy am crazy about these sceleton stamps.
    You don't see those stamps in the Netherlands.
    What a pitty that is.
    Till next time,Riet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!

    Great card. I love how you colored SeƱora Muerta and I also love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how this one turned out, Chere. Nan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D