Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's all about paint at Bombshell Stamps!





Welcome!  This month's pin-up girl at Bombshell Stamps is Anita Marie and she is asking us to play with paint.  I've actually been playing with quite a bit of paint lately, so I was armed when she issued this challenge.  I used acrylic paint on my hearts and then topped them with a thick coat of Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy .

My image du jour is from the Lucky Bride set.  This is the second time I have used her on a card and I just love her!  I know she is supposed to be a bride, but I like using her as a Spanish senorita instead.  She's way fun to color, too!  That crazy cool background image with the skulls and crossbones is from Carmen's Veranda.  I snagged that awesome stamp at the rubber stamp convention a couple of weeks ago.  I couldn't wait to use it.  I think it's going to stay pretty inky, 'cuz I plan to use it a lot!  LOL!  Did you catch that cool skull charm in the middle of the heart?  Isn't it great?!  I have a fairly decent collection of skull beads now, so that came from my stash and for the life of me I can't remember where I picked it up.  I have a few more left, though, which is great.  Yay!

Head to the Bombshell Stamps Blog and check out what the DT put together for you.  Also, while you're out and about, tooling around in Blogland, swing by Anita Marie's blog.  She has awesome stuff to share with you and inspire you.

Okay, folks, that's it for today.  I have something special to share with you tomorrow, so do come back ;D  Until then, stay crafty!      

11 comments:

  1. what a great ladie, beautiful card sheryl.


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Cheryl,gorgeous!!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. an absolutely fabulous card Cheryl, I love the image and all the detail.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skull background stamp! I'm sooo sad I didn't see that at the convention :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Va Va Voom"!!!Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Great way to use the scull background stamp!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fabulous. I love the crackly painty heart and the wonderful coloring on the bride.

    I must say that I love that Carmen's Veranda stamp and can see where it would play really nicely with other stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, she looks fabulous! Gorgeous coloring, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfull, I love it.
    Love the skulls on the background and the hearts. love everuthing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my god !!!!!!!! this is so rich in colour and dramatic i love it to bits

    sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D