Friday, March 18, 2011

Mom's Terry Medaris Card




Hola!  Thanks for coming back!  Yesterday I shared the details of a Stamp-a-thon that mom and I had Friday night.  We stayed up until the wee hours Saturday morning making cards featuring Terry Medaris Art Stamps.  We were in a crazy crafter frenzy...the ink was flying, the Copics were being thoroughly abused, and there was paper shrapnel as far as the eye can see.  Yes, a good time was had by all.

Even the kitties stayed up with us looking exhausted as they raised their weary heads (from their current sleep spots) to see if it was time to go to bed (to their usual sleep spots).  I think they even slept in the next day, but who can really tell.  They are cats, after all ;D

Today's card was created by none other than my talented mother.  She makes awesome cards and I am usually the lucky recipient.  Sometimes I have to share with my sister, but that's okay...I guess.  This time Terry Medaris was the lucky recipient.  Mom created a couple of stellar cards in an effort to help me make my deadline.  I don't know what I would have done without her.  This image is called Heart Color Wheel and mom did a fabulous job bringing it to life with the Copics.  She also added lots of glitter glue and some dimensional lacquer to strategic elements on the image.  These bright colors sit atop a very serene white background, which makes them pop.  The contrast is stunning!

I still have lots more stuff to share with you over the next few days.  There are 3 more Terry Medaris cards waiting to make their appearance on my blog and I whipped up a new Bombshell Stamps card tonight.  I'm not sure what I will share tomorrow, but come back and find out ;D  Until then, stay crafty!

7 comments:

  1. Ah. Coloring, design, and crafty talent clearly run in your family.

    Terry Medaris was lucky to have such fabulous cards.

    I can't wait to see the rest of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty marilyn.
    How great for you and Cheryl to be together and have so much fun crafting.
    And Cheryl, your past cards are so wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabby card. Stunning colouring! How wonderful to be able to share this great hobby with mum.
    xx
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card sheryl your mom did a great job.
    run's in the family, like the colors too.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Великолепная открытка! Такая красочная, радостная! ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. DROOOOOOLLLLLLL.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had so much fun working with Cheryl on these cards! It's always great to have someone to bounce ideas around with!
    Thanks sweetie for posting my humble attempt at cardmaking, and thank you all for such lovely comments!:))
    Hugs, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D