Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Operation Write Home - Polka Dot Challenge





Hello, everyone!  Welcome back.  It seems I have been away from my blog for a few days again, but I assure you...I have been working my pudgy fingers to the bone and will have lots of things to share this week.  I have two posts to share with you today.   Dang!  I never thought I'd utter those words ;D

The Paper Shelter teamed up with Operation Write Home and is sponsoring this week's challenge on their blog.  And what is this week's theme?  None other than an homage to those fresh little pops of colorful joy known as...Polka Dots!  I love 'em, you love 'em, everybody loves 'em!  They just make me so happy;D

I created my Polka Dot card using In the 20's.  She's a lovely image and so much fun to color.  She seemed perfect for pairing with some vintage dotty text paper.  The Paper Shelter adds new images to their shop frequently so be sure to stop by often to check it out.  Also, swing by Operation Write Home's blog and get all the details regarding this fab new challenge.  Operation Write Home is a great organization.  I did a little poking around the Internet and found the following information about this amazing group..."they support our nations armed forces by sending blank, handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them".  This organization has been collecting and shipping cards to soldiers since 2007 and it is very close to hitting the one million mark.  Wow!  Please check them out, they are definitely worth a look!
   

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl

    Feels like for ever since I popped by to say Hi, Hope every thing is well with you.
    This card is so perfect, the papers just work so well with this fab image. LOve your work!!

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute, love the stamp, so adorable and the papers. Me too haven't been here for quite some time, sorry been so busy but didn't realise it was that long until I scrolled down ... Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great "cause" to be a part of!This is an adorable image and your card is adorable as well! A wonderful way to support our troops, that put their lives on the line every day, for all of us!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is beautiful sheryl also your card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe she is very adorable! are those real buttons on her sleeves? wow totally amazing either way!!! this card came out FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D