Friday, June 11, 2010

Gooseneck




Good Morning! Today I bring you a quick and easy card I made using Gooseneck from Stampotique. She is aptly named because I almost decapitated her several times while I was trimming her out. Maybe that's why she has that ribbon tied around her neck. When I was a kid there was a ghost story about a man who marries a woman and she always wore a black velvet choker around her neck. She tells her new husband emphatically, never, NEVER remove my choker. She slept in it. Showered in it. She did everything in it. One evening while she slept, curiosity got the better of him and he quietly reached over and removed her choker...AND HER HEAD FELL OFF! Dun, dun, duuuunnnn...! Okay, it was even a lame story back then, but heck, I was a kid...LOL!

By the way, this was one of four cards I made yesterday. I know! Four cards!! They were all fairly simple, but it still took me ALL day ;D This is the only humorous one, though. The others are serious in nature. I'll be back tomorrow to share another with you. Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. This is really cool Cheryl, love the colours and the whole design. Love her long spindly legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooseneck is one of my FAVORITE stamps! I love how you've paired her with cheery papers... kinda makes me smile... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creations you have made again.
    Ialways atmier your choice of colors.
    And what a great new blog you have.
    Real Bomshell girls.
    Gorgeus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this humorous card, Cheryl! That sentiment tickles me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Cheryl! And the sentiment is just too perfect! And I'm lovin' your blog background--what a bombshell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too, too funny! I have SO many friends this would be perfect for! Fantastic design! I read that story to my 6yo by accident once -- eeeeuuw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this stamp and I love how brave you are for cutting her out!

    I saw your comment on my blog about the e-course for creative businesses. If you ever thought about selling your beautiful and unique cards online (and I SO think you could!), this class would be something to consider. Just a thought... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL you crack me up! I totally remember that story!
    Gooseneck is so cool, and the sentiment you paired her with is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn it Cheryl! I now love Gooseneck. *sigh* Stop tempting me with your brilliance please.

    This card cracked me up. It's also wonderful designed, great coloring, great paper choices, etc. etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that is a perfect sentiment for that image ... fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D