Saturday, June 12, 2010

We cannot direct the wind...




Good Morning! Let's see if I can keep this post super short today. I am heading to CP2 to take Kathi Anderson's, Metal Art Sampler class this morning and I still need to pack my tools. Oh, snap! That reminds me...I haven't even put my name on them or anything! Better get a move on!

A friend of mine asked for 4 cards for her sisters. She wanted one to be humorous (yesterday's card) and the other 3 to be a bit more serious, but all of them were to have messages of encouragement. I turned to some Penny Black Brush Stroke stamps for the serious cards. I love these stamps and have not used them in years. In fact, I think these were brand new. I combined them with the various papers I have been using lately and tried to keep everything on the subtle side. When I had used these stamps previously, I applied water based marker colors directly to the image, misted it, and then stamped it on the cardstock for a watercolor effect. This time, I just stamped them in black ink and added a bit of color with my Copics. Super easy, plus I like the drama that the the black inks give the bold strokes of the image. It has sort of an Asian feel to it. The sentiment inside says "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails." How true.

With that, I leave you so I can get moving. I hate being late for a class, plus I want a good seat ;D Have a great day! I'll be back tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunningly gorgeous! I looove this card! I have this stamp also...I think you have inspired me to get out the PB stamps, and use them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! What a great sentiment too!
    Love the new blog background - how very Bombshell!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sentiment and that beautiful PB stamp. Your blog background is amazingly glamourous, when I see those bombshell images I wish I had their figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It's fabulous. You've convinced me that I *need* that set. Bad you.

    Anyway, I love the design of this. The papers, colors, and embellishments are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Cheryl..........love everything about it.
    Kerry

    Thanks again for all the photo taking info!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D