Monday, June 14, 2010

A misty morning...




Hello! Welcome to a new week! Hope it's a good one ;D

Today's card rounds out the four cards I made for a friend to give her sisters. Again, I used images by Penny Black. I have a box full of these brush stroke stamps and completely forgot how versatile they are. I plan on using these more often for quick and easy cards. The inside of this card reads "A misty morning does signify a cloudy day". What a great word stamp and this one is also by Penny Black.

I'll be working on Father's Day cards today. I need to make five of them. No, I don't have five dads...LOL! Two are for my use and three are for a friend. Masculine cards can be challenging, so it will be interesting to see if I can come up with that many. If I can, then you will be seeing them on the blog throughout the week. If I can't, then I may just end up posting filler pics of my cats....haha! If you see pictures of my cats on my blog this week, then you can bet that there is a pile of discarded, crumpled up, half-a** attemps at masculine cards laying in the middle of the floor of my work area, sprinkled with just the right amount of frustration and tears for dramatic impact! Wow, that's a gruesome picture I just painted. Cross your fingers that it doesn't become a reality for me ;D

See you tomorrow with a Father's Day card...hopefully.



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful berry card, Cheryl... and what a lovely sentiment :) Good luck with the guy cards... those are difficult for me, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. I really love that sentiment.

    I'd like to see cat photos, but I also love to see your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pleasing to the eye! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! And I love that sentiment! What a great color pallete you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how you added the subtle color and strawberry dimension!
    Make it easy on yourself and only design 3 cards. Since 2 are for you and 3 for a friend, duplicate the ones you make for yourself! That's what I do when I'm in a time crunch ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D