Monday, June 14, 2010

Look what I made!




Hey all! I mentioned on Saturday that I was heading to CP2 to take a detail metal work class with Kathi Anderson. The project was a metal art sampler featuring oodles of techniques for creating textures and patterns on pewter. I cannot stress to you how much I enjoyed this class. Here are pictures of my sampler and I am so happy with the way it turned out, I am thinking about framing it. Have you ever tried working with metal? I had played around with aluminum in the past and no...I don't mean the stuff you wrap around your dinner leftovers...lol! Aluminum is fun and all, but working with pewter is a whole different story. There is a richness and heft to it that makes you feel like you are working with something special. Personally, I don't think I can ever go back to aluminum, but as they say, never say never.

Maybe you'll see some pewter make an appearance on my cards somewhere down the road. We'll see ;D

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pewter piece! That type of craft is perfect for you and I'll bet we'll be seeing lots of pewter on future cards! Awesome, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Cheryl! That is way cool! I'm sure you'll be trying them on your cards huh? That would rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crow this is gorgeous!!!! Totally stunning! I love it! I am actually a silversmith, so I LOVE working with metal! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play with silver lately, (babies + blow torches don't mix!) but it is something I am passionate about. Truly awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Cheryl! This looks great...just so neatly done! Yes! It needs to be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB-u-LOUS! Definitely should be framed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is gorgeous!!! B-E-A-Uuuutiful!! You should most definitely frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sampler from the class is awesome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been very buzzy lately and mist a lot of your new work.
    This one is so beautiful.what a wonderfull metal art work you have made, I want to give you a standing ovation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That's stunning! You did a great job with that sampler. I hope you caved and purchased a bunch of Ten Second Tools and such, so that I could be inspired by how you'd bring the fabulous texture to your artwork. I'd also so love to see a piece like that all alcohol inky. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D