Saturday, June 5, 2010

Too much...?





Good Morning! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. I am teaching a class at China Phoenix 2 this morning, so this will be a quick post. I love teaching card classes, they are truly the high point of my month.

Have you ever just went over the top with a project thinking at the time, "yes, more, yes, more...!", but then looked at it afterward and thought, "oh my gawd...what in tarnation was I thinking?" Does anyone even use the word "tarnation" anymore? I guess those are my Kentucky roots making an appearance. Such was the case with this card. If a wedding card had a serious relationship with a risque birthday card, this would be the gaudy contradiction born out of their union. I was shooting for flirty and feminine, but instead ended up with tawdry and virginal. I know...! Doesn't work! I am seriously considering cannibalizing the embellies from this card and using them on something else, maybe 2 or 3 "something elses"...lol! I think I'll try to salvage the Bombshell, too, if I can scrape her off the card without losing any appedages...hers or mine ;D

Gotta scoot! Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too much! Fun embellies, fabulous coloring and a great platform for you Bombshell to stand on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so much fun! Looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's too much! Besdies, a little gaud never hurt anyone! Your coloring is FABULOUS, by the way! She looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fab-u-lous card, Cheryl! Over-the-top coloring skills, dude... seriously. Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring and all the details are fabulous, Cheryl! I agree with everyone that it's a fun card and I loved your post! Tarnation and all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? You don't like it?? I think it's cute! I'm seriously *wanting* and *needing* some copic markers!!! I have to stick with colored pencils for now tho. Anyways, nice job on this, even if you don't like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card! If you are worried how to use it- have you thought about a bachelorette party card or a turning 21 card for a Gal-Pal.? If you really wanted to change something I think I would just change the large cream bow to a black or red bow. Make it a little racier but not too racy. Beautiful, beautiful card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote black bow in the comment above but I MEANT turquoise bow, silly old brain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's lovely. She looks like she is about to jump and down on her trampoline :). Colours are wonderful as usual

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheryl

    wow this is beautiful
    love the flowers and the paper you have used

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D