Tuesday, June 8, 2010

To ride a horse...





Good Morning! Just a quick post today.

My husband needed a birthday card for his boss who is an avid horse fanatic. From what I understand, he lives on something of a ranch and owns at least one horse, possibly more. I have stamps featuring horse images, but when I started digging around, I ran across this image. It doesn't even have a horse on it, but when I look at it, it evokes a feeling of the cowboy way of life. It is by a company that I'm not sure still exists called I Love Rubber Stamps. I have no idea where I picked it up. Possibly a convention somewhere, drunk on the heady smell of rubber and wood, grabbing up stamps in such a frenzy that you would have thought I was Gollum in the Lord of the Rings and each little block was "my precious". There were probably a lot of us Stamp Gollums roaming around that day ;D

Needless to say, this is the first time this stamp has touched ink to paper. It seemed perfect to use for this particular birthday card and now upon closer inspection, I may use it on my father-in-law's Father's Day card, as well. He, too, lives on a ranch and has embraced the ranch life since his retirement. He would love this! The image was fairly simple to color with Copics. Lots of browns and earthtones. AND...you will note...there is nary a flower or ribbon one on this card ;D Just a touch of glitter around the edge of the main panel to give it some pizzazz. The inside reads "To ride a horse is to dance among the stars." I love the impact of a perfect word stamp!

Have a glorious day! It's looking promising here...so far ;D

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Cheryl! Fabulous guy card, and your coloring is top notch as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! So cute the way you designed and colored this puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Your coloring always amazes me with it's perfection!
    LOL Stamp Gollum - this describes me perfectly! Love it {giggle}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect card for a real "cowboy"! It's beautiful and I didn't even notice there weren't ANY flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D