Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LLWWC#43 Embossing Challenge






Welcome to La-La Land's Weekly Wednesday challenge. This week's challenge hostess is the incomparable Maureen and she is asking us to feature either dry or heat embossing on our cards.

Maureen used the oh so adorable Beach Lala image on her card, which means Beach Lala is available this week at 20% off. Be sure to head over to the shop to take advantage of this special price.



Maureen said her inspiration for this challenge started with her CuttleBug embossing folders, so that is where I decided to start. I have always thought that the folder with all of the swirly patterns on it looked like clouds, so why not make some clouds with it. I didn't have a cloud die so I ended up drawing my own on cardstock and then cutting out a template to make the clouds appear uniform. Then I ran the clouds through the CuttleBug using the swirly pattern embossing folder. I'm sure there is a more official name other than "swirly pattern", but I bet you know which one I am referring to ;D I used a couple of round dies to create a sun and I anchored all of this with Summer Lucky. This image is super sweet and I had fun coloring him up!

What will you create for the challenge? Everyone is welcome to play, however, if you use a La-La Land image in your creation, then you could be eligible to win a $10 certificate good towards a purchase at the La-La Land shop. If you're in the top 3, then you could win a special badge for your blog. Hop on over to the La-La Land Blog to see all of the details regarding this challenge and to check out some inspiring projects from the DT to get the creative juices flowing! I'll be checking for your project ;D

7 comments:

  1. Such an adorable beach scene! Love your swirly clouds with the touch of glitter. What a fun card, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all the critter stamps You've used from La La Land! He is perfection, and I love this card. Great coloring and great paper selection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all of the texture to this one, not to mention the fabu coloring :) Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those swirly clouds are amazing Cheryl! Luv the little scene you created and Lucky is lucky to be basking in the sun! Oh, luv the sun too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! Such fun details and elements...get it? Elements - the wind like swirls and the fire like sun! lol Just trying to *Cheryl* it!! lol
    (I didn't get much sleep last night...sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the way you colored the super-cute image. The swirly embossed cloud is fantastic. You created a wonderful summery scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D